Cinema Village has been showing, since August, one Brazilian film every month. The November screening is the reality fiction drama, “Casa Grande” (2014), directed by Fellipe Barbosa and featuring Thales Cavalcanti, Marcello Novaes and Suzana Pires. Exploring issues of class privilege among Rio’s decadent elite, the film depicts a teenage boy’s struggle to escape his overprotective parents as they covertly spiral into bankruptcy. “Casa Grande” is part of the Brazilian Film Series, a selection of promising and acclaimed productions that reveal important aspects of Brazil’s contemporary history. The thoughtful project is the result of a partnership between the New York based Brazilian company, Cinema Slate, and Cinema Tropical, the leading distributor of Latin-american films in the US.
The director –Fellipe Barbosa- will be at Cinema Village on Friday (November 13th) and Saturday (November 14th) after the 6:55 PM screening for a Q&A with the public.
More info @: http://cinemavillage.com/chc/cv/
The complete Brazilian Series Program is listed below:
- “I Touched all Your Stuff’ – New York opening: August 28th Where: Cinema Village
- ” Moving Creatures” – New York opening: September 11th Where: Cinema Village
- “ Hard Labor” – New York Opening: October 30th. Where: Cinema Village
- “Casa Grande” – New York Opening: November 13th Where: Cinema Village
- “ Sunday Ball” – New York Opening: Screening dates soon Where: Cinema Village