The Brazilian award-winning short film, “Marina’s Ocean”, written and directed by Cássio Pereira dos Santos, is one of the highlights at “ReelAbilities: NY Disabilities Film Festival” – the largest disabilities film festival, presenting films on the topic of physical, delvelopmental abd pshycological disabilities.
The film tells the story of Marina (Aline Videira), a teen with Down Syndrome who wishes to join a group of countryside kids planning a trip to the beach. Forbidden to travel with them, she nevertheless does not give up on her dream to visit the sea for the first time. She embarks on her own journey towards the Atlantic Ocean.
The festival takes place from March 1oth until March 16th in more than 30 venues across the NY Metropolitam area. Below are the screening dates/venues for “Marina’s Ocean”.
- Friday, March 11 (10:30 am film + conversation) Jcc Manhattan, 334 Amsterdam ave @ 76th st
- Saturday, March 12, 2:00 pm (St. John’s University)
- Saturday, March 12, 3:00 pm (67th st. Library)
- Monday, March 14, 12:00 pm (Pace University)
- Monday, March 14, 12:00 pm (Central Queens Y + Samuel field &)
- Tuesday, March 15, 3:00 pm (Aguilar Public Library)
More info: http://newyork.reelabilities.org/